Our Mission is to provide researchers, policy makers, government officials, and practitioners with a comprehensive source of information on catastrophic risk financing. This site organizes content for academics, practitioners, and researchers throughout the world.
The Catastrophic Risk Finance and Insurance Information Portal was created by the Florida State University to support sharing of information and research ideas among academics, policy makers, government officials, and private industry professionals in examining finance issues related to catastrophic storms.
Resources include academic and industry papers, academic journals, legal resources and databases, and can be searched by title, author, date published, organization, and subject. Resources can also be searched by using the Search function located at the top of each page.
About the Florida Catastrophic Storm Risk Management Center
The Florida Catastrophic Storm Risk Management Center was created by the Florida Legislature in 2007. Housed within the Department of Risk Management/Insurance, Real Estate & Legal Studies at Florida State University, the Center supports the State's ability to prepare for, respond to, and recover from catastrophic storms.
Specifically, the Center:
- Coordinates and disseminates research efforts that are expected to have an immediate impact on policy and practices related to catastrophic storm preparedness.
- Coordinates and disseminates information related to catastrophic storm risk management, including, but not limited to research and information that benefits businesses, consumers, and public policy makers.
- Facilitates Florida's preparedness and responsiveness to catastrophic storms and collaborates with other public and private institutions.
- Creates and promotes studies that enhance the educational options available to risk management and insurance students.
- Publishes and disseminates findings primarily related to risk management.
- Organizes and sponsors conferences, symposia, and workshops to educate consumers and policymakers.
Have a resource to add to our site? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.